The Foundation offers a series of professional development workshops for practitioners who wish to enhance their skills in working with survivors of torture and trauma.
The Counselling Modules are for workers who have had either training and/or experience with survivors of trauma and include:
- Introduction to working with refugees
- Vicarious traumatisation and counter-transference
- Working with children and families
- Short term counselling with clients who have experienced trauma – Advanced
- Working with depression and trauma.
Certificates of participation are issued and information provided to enable participants to apply directly to their professional bodies for recognition of continuing professional development.
Training programs can also be developed specifically for organisations and groups such as networks of services, tailored to suit identified needs. The Foundation is committed to ensure access to training for professionals in rural areas and trainers are able to travel to rural areas subject to need.